Friday, July 11, 2008

On my way!!!

The next five weeks I will be running around the US on "vacation". I am so excited to go back to the States, I need a little dose of "oh yeah, this is where I come from" for better or worse. I have been planning this trip for some time now so it seems quite surreal that I am actually right in the middle of it! I am in the airport outside Lima, Peru and will be flying to El Salvador if everything goes as planned within the next hour. From San Salvador I have a direct flight to Washington DC! It's a long and harried journey, but hey, it was about $600 cheaper, and I'm young, so whatever. Not a big deal. Plus, now I get to say, oh yeah, I've been to Peru and El Salvador. I know that's majorly cheating, just kidding. Still, from the airport Peru seems like a cool place, I'd love to run around a bit except that the airport is not in the actual city.
So my trip to the US will include 2 weeks at a conference where I will be working and taking classes, 1 week home, a weekend in NYC, a long weekend in Boston/Portland, Maine for a wedding and then a few more days home and then back to Santiago! It's going to be even more surreal coming back. But life will take a new turn when I come back, I am moving into a new place, I will be much closer to friends and work in general, so I'm pretty excited about it! But I will miss people...lots of gringa friends, who I had a blast with last night at happy hour by the way, I hated that I had to leave early! And of course, D and family. So as usually, I am happy and sad and always missing someone and something. The daily challenge of my life! For the next 5 weeks I will do my best to just live in the present and soak up as much love and fun that I can from all my friends and family in the US. It's gotta last me for a while!

Wishing all my other bloggers out there well, if I don't post you know why!

5 comments:

Mamacita Chilena said...

You are such a little blogger you, writing from the airport! Love it! :)

Safe travels!!!!!!!

Shannon. said...

5 weeks!! Lucky! I leave for the states in 4 days and I get 10 days in the US. I can't wait!! I hope you have a lot of fun!!!

Real Chile said...

Hey there. Looks like someone is flying TACA. I have done the Peru to El Salvador and then the US routine before. I saw you will be some in Portland Maine. I am in Bar Harbor Maine (my hometownn) until August if you are headed up this way.

Mama in Chile said...

Enjoy your time back home! We will miss you mucho.

Emily said...

I miss your posts (and I miss you in real life). Come back!